Achilles Tendonitis Treatment Sydney & Northern Beaches
Natural Alternative Treatment for Achilles Tendonitis in Manly Vale
Alternative Foot Solutions is a professional podiatry clinic using alternate methods and techniques to heal your body without the use of orthotics. Your practitioner is a qualified podiatrist and uses proven podiatry treatments.
Proudly offering care to patients in Sydney’s Northern Beaches – Manly Vale, Balgowlah, Fairlight, Queenscliff, Brookvale, North Manly, Freshwater, Curl Curl, Allambie Heights, North Balgowlah, Manly and surrounding suburbs.
Achilles Tendonitis is an inflammation of the Achilles tendon caused by micro tears that cause pain when the tendon is lengthened.
There are two main types:
- Non-insertional Achilles tendonitis. Small tears in the middle fibres of your tendon start to break it down. This causes pain and swelling in the middle of your Achilles tendon between your heel bone and where the calf muscles start.
- Insertional Achilles tendonitis. This damage occurs in the spot where your tendon meets your heel bone.
What does Achilles tendonitis feel like?
- Stiff and sore in the mornings
- Pain upon activity
- Can hurt when you stretch
- Important to treat ASAP to avoid rupture
What causes Achilles tendonitis?
Achilles tendonitis is caused by two main factors:
- Chronic tightness in the back of the leg
- Misalignment of the foot and ankle. Both of these factors lead to repetitive or intense strain of the Achilles tendon, which results in micro tears over time.
How can I treat it?
- Stretching in the early stages may be helpful
- Icing and taping techniques can be effective in the short term
- Off load the area with lifts
- Foot mobilisation to correct the underlying structures of the foot and ankle