Local Podiatrists near Willoughby East
Natural Alternative Treatment Methods
Alternative Foot Solutions offer a unique approach to podiatry for patients in Willoughby East and surrounding areas.
Alternative Foot Solutions is focused on achieving the best possible outcome for all our patients. With over 19 years experience diagnosing, managing and treating over 13,000 patients with foot pain and lower limb injuries. We understand the frustration when your foot pain holds you back from the doing the things you love.
We’re here to help you be:
- Free from pain
- Free to be active without restriction
- Free from orthotics
- Free to say no to orthotics, drugs or surgery
- Free to wear the shoes you love
What is Podiatry:
Podiatry is a health based profession that specialises in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of all types of foot, lower leg and even lower back problems. A Podiatrist will look at the underlying cause of your pain and put together a comprehensive management plan to get you back to the activities you love.
Podiatry care is a drug-free and surgery-free path to relieve your aches and pains, help you recover from illness and stay healthy.
Conditions our podiatrists can treat:
Podiatrists have expertise in diagnosing and treating a range of foot and lower limb conditions including heel and arch pain, gait disturbances, skin problems, and ingrown toenails. Regardless of age, profession, or level of activity, podiatry can offer you with treatments and practical solutions that have been proven to be effective.
We are able to assess, diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions such as;
- Heel pain: The main underlying cause of heel pain is misalignment of the bones of your foot and ankle that leads to compensation of the soft tissues around the heel area, which in turn leads to micro tears in the tissue and inflammation that leads to pain. This misalignment affects the way you stand and the way that you walk. We use gentle hands on techniques to correct the alignment and then we reinforce this position by strengthening the muscles that surround the relevant joints.
- Plantar fasciitis: Caused by a misalignment of the foot and resulting in heel or arch pain due to tissue inflammation, Plantar Fasciitis can be a debilitating condition. However, addressing the issue with swiftness and appropriate measures will ensure that you are able to regain a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Foot pain: Foot pain can be caused by a number of different conditions, including inflammation, nerve damage, stress fractures, injuries or poor foot alignment. We determine the cause of your foot pain, then design a surgery free alternative treatment, using a gentle hands on approach to correct and strengthen the foot.
- Ball of foot pain: A term referring to inflammation around the ball of the foot, Metatarsalgia is caused by poor foot alignment and can result in nerve entrapments or even fluid-filled sacks called bursa. With the use of foot mobilisation therapy, AFS has been able to correct the underlying cause of the pain and keep its patients active and wearing whichever shoes they prefer.
- Morton’s neuroma: Also called nerve entrapment, Morton neuroma is the most common of its kind. It occurs between the third and fourth toe, and can become inflamed due to poor gait caused by foot misalignment. It is best to seek treatment immediately to avoid the surgery necessary to remove overly inflamed nerve entrapments.
- Achilles tendonitis: Achilles Tendonitis is an inflammation of the Achilles tendon caused by micro tears that cause pain when the tendon is lengthened. AFS will use foot mobilisation to correct the underlying structures of the foot and ankle.
- Clawed toes: Affecting people of all ages and a result of the body compensating for poor gait, imperfect balance, or tight lower leg muscles, clawed digits and hammer toes can have serious ramifications if left untreated. To avoid a low success rate surgery, seek immediate help through the use of AFS’s gentle and painless foot mobilisation therapy.
- Bunions: Sometimes resulting in a bony growth and quite possibly pain and osteoarthritis, bunions are the deviation of the big toe towards the middle of the foot, and are caused by the way a person walks or stands. Gentle foot mobilisation therapy will realign the joint into the correct position and then strengthen the muscles surrounding it for further reinforcement.
- Osteoarthritis: The more common type of arthritis, Osteoarthritis is the degeneration of the bone due to lessening levels of synovial fluid, which acts as a lubricant for the bone and decreases its wear and tear. AFS will help to stimulate the flow of this fluid back into the bone to prevent any irreversible damage.
Our Approach to Podiatry:
We treat foot problems through a gentle non-surgical, hands on technique that corrects the alignment of your feet long term addressing the underlying cause and without having to resort to surgery or orthotics.
Book a Podiatry Appointment near Willoughby East:
We have a convenient clinic location in Manly Vale, near Willoughby East. Book an assessment with us today and see how we can help you get back on your feet.